submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 627-4924
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2023 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for 11 Years
Niche Rankings - Marion County
Life in Indy
Riley Children's Health at IU Health is seeking a Pediatric Nephrologist to join our team of 10 nephrologists, 4 nurse practitioners, and behavioral health clinical pediatric psychologist. The ideal candidate will be clinically-focused in pediatric transplants, acute and chronic kidney disease, and have a passion for teaching in an academic setting.
- Strong work-life balance with standard weekday outpatient schedule of 4 half day clinics; shared inpatient service and ~7weeks of evening call per year, and 5 weekends of call annually
- Excellent culture with supportive leadership/mentors who value professional development, collegiality, and interdepartmental teamwork.
- Immense growth within patient population receiving 25-30 new patient referrals per week
- Faculty appointment with Indiana University School of Medicine, education opportunities with students, residents and fellows
- Clinical or basic research opportunities available (40 clinical studies IRB approved, housed within the division)
- Growth and innovation opportunities including ability to establish multi-disciplinary subspecialty clinics and eventually outreach to satellite locations within the state
Comprehensive benefits package through Indiana University School of Medicine including group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, vacation/CME/holidays, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage starting the first day of employment. Call or text for compensation information and additional benefits.
- BC in pediatrics or Med/Peds, and BC/BE in pediatric nephrology
- New fellowship graduates and experienced providers are encouraged to apply
- Physician MD/DO eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
Contact Senior Physician Recruiter Kathryn Coble, CPRP and visit our websites to learn more.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2023-2024 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eleven consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2023 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best cities to live in and buy a house in the country
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
For more than 95 years, Riley Hospital for Children has been one of the nation's leading children's hospitals. Each year, Riley Hospital provides compassionate care, support and comfort to more than 300,000 inpatients and outpatients from across Indiana, the nation and the world. Physicians at Riley Hospital provide comprehensive care, from the routine to the most complex, in every field of pediatric medicine and surgery.
Riley Hospital is nationally ranked as a top children's hospital by U.S. News & World Report, with national rankings in all ten pediatric specialties (including two specialties in the top ten), and is the only nationally ranked children's hospital in Indiana. Part of Indiana University Health, Riley Hospital enjoys a unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, giving our highly skilled physicians access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
In addition, Riley Hospital is ranked seventh in the nation for NIH Research funding, totaling more than $38 million in 2022. The Children's Clinical Research Center, located at Riley Hospital, is one of the largest pediatric research facilities in the country. Riley Hospital also offers one of the nation's largest outpatient care facilities for children.
At Riley Hospital for Children, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.