submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 760-2079
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2023 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for 11 Years
Niche Rankings - Marion County
Life in Indy
The Adult Academic Health Center is looking for an experienced and qualified candidate to serve as the peri-operative medical director across both Methodist and University peri-operative services. Partner with the leadership team which includes the perioperative administrative director, COO, and CMO to support the full scope of perioperative services and professionals. The Peri-Operative Medical Director will develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders including surgeons, anesthesiologists, nursing and support team members. This person will also facilitate the development and implementation of efforts to assure the scope of the perioperative clinical enterprise is coordinated, integrated, operationally efficient.
- IU Health internal applicants only
- M.D. or D.O. degree with current licensure to practice medicine in the State of Indiana is required.
- Practicing surgeon or anesthesiologist
- Appointment in good standing to medical staff of IU Health is required.
- Minimum 5 years ideally on staff at IU Health is preferred but not required.
- Requires superior people management and leadership competencies with proven problem resolution and facilitation skills.
- Requires the ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed and relationship-driven culture.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2023-2024 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eleven consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2023 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best cities to live in and buy a house in the country
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. IU Health’s unique partnership with the nation’s second largest medical school, Indiana University School of Medicine, offers innovative treatments and therapies and remains a global leader in medical education and research.
Comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond, IU Health is honored to be recognized in such high distinctions.
- IU Health is ranked No. 1 in Indiana by U.S. News & World Report
- Riley Hospital for Children is nationally ranked in ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, more than 200 hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. More than half of the physicians affiliated with the IU School of Medicine practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals.
No organization in Indiana is ranked higher or offers more highly ranked physicians than Indiana University Health. With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, our patients and families know that they're making an excellent choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.