submit your CV directly:
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2023 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for 11 Years
Niche Rankings - Marion County
Life in Indy
IU Health is seeking an Anesthetist who is looking practice with Anesthesiologists and Anesthetists within the Anesthesia Care Team at Eskenazi Hospital!
- Full-Time, Flexible scheduling with no call
- Inpatient and Outpatient
- Procedures include: IV placement, airway management, arterial & central cath placement, general, regional & neuraxial anesthesia
- Patient population includes: ENT, urology, general, hepatobiliary, GI, cancer, OBGYN, transplant, thoracic, orthopedic, plastics and higher acuity care
Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant:
- Must have graduated with a Master’s degree from a CAAHEP accredited Anesthesiologist Assistant Program
- Must have passed the Certifying Examination for Anesthesiologist Assistants or the CDQ examination administered by NCCAA in collaboration with the National Board of Medical Examiners and hold current certification
- Must hold current ACLS and PALS certifications
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist:
- Must have graduated from Master’s level Nurse Anesthesia program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- Must have passed the National Certification Examination administered by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists and hold current certification from the Council of Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
- Must hold current ACLS and PALS certifications
IU Health offers a value-based compensation package that includes: a sign-on forgivable loan, group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, generous PTO, CME allowance/time off, relocation assistance, and malpractice insurance coverage.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2023-2024 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eleven consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best counties to live in Indiana & the best county for young professionals
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Ranked #1 in Indiana by U.S. News & World Report
- Riley Hospital for Children is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Eskenazi Health is one of America’s five largest safety net health systems, providing care to nearly 1 million outpatient visitors each year. Eskenazi Health’s mission is to Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve, with special emphasis on the vulnerable populations of Marion County, Indiana. Eskenazi Health is one of the leading providers of health care in Central Indiana, with physicians from the Indiana University School of Medicine providing a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services within our 310-bed hospital and inpatient facilities and 11 community health centers located throughout Indianapolis.
Eskenazi Health is home to the first of three adult Level I trauma centers in Indiana and the region’s oldest adult burn center, the Richard M. Fairbanks Burn Center at Eskenazi Health. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Eskenazi Health has nationally recognized programs, including the Sandra Eskenazi Mental Health Center and the Eskenazi Health Center of Excellence in Women’s Health, and is the supervising hospital for Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services, the city’s primary EMS provider.
At Eskenazi Health, the focus is on excellent quality, patient-centered care. Patients are provided with excellent quality care indiscriminately and without consideration of financial factors. This patient-centered model of primary and preventive care encourages patient participation and interaction.