submit your CV directly:
phone: (463) 207-2786
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2023 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for a Decade
Niche Rankings - Marion County
Cornea Ophthalmologist at Top Ranked Healthcare System
Indiana University Health Physicians is seeking a specialized Cornea Ophthalmologist to join our high volume academic practice with a team of world class providers. This provider will provide cornea services to the adult population with a responsibility for utilization, quality assurance and service excellence program's for ophthalmology patient care.
- Strong work-life balance supported by standard weekday outpatient clinical schedule and shared call coverage
- High patient volume practice with growing demand for services, specializing in the treatment of corneal, periocular and external ocular diseases
- Particular interests include:
- Infections and immunologic diseases of the anterior segment of the eye
- Tumors of the anterior eye
- Topic ophthalmic antimicrobial medications
- Adverse effects of topic ophthalmic medications
- Corneal and external-ocular manifestations of system disease and eye banking
- Faculty appointment with expectation to teach medical students and residents with clinical research opportunities
- Productivity based compensation model with potential for quality incentive bonus, income guaranteed option in first two years
- An interest in pediatric cornea, corneal transplantation and/or refractive surgery are desired but not a requirement
- Physician MD licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
- BC/BE in Ophthalmology
- Completion of both ophthalmology residency & cornea fellowship
- New grads & experienced providers encouraged to apply
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2022-2023 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best counties to live in Indiana & the best county for young professionals
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 25 years in a row, including six specialties among the top 50 in the nation or high performing
- Riley Hospital for Children is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.