submit your CV directly:
Senior Physician Recruiter
phone: (463) 230-1034
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2023 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for 11 Years
Niche Rankings - Marion County
Life in Indy
Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM) and Indiana University Health Physicians are recruiting a Division Chief for Plastic Surgery. The Division Chief will provide strategic and operational leadership across the full range of Division service areas, including the tripartite missions of the academic institution: clinical and administrative service, education, and research.
This academic role in the Department of Surgery at IUSM will work with and represent 20 faculty members and 11 advanced practice providers covering 8 hospitals and 4 ambulatory surgery centers in the Indianapolis metropolitan area. The division encompasses a large variety of general plastic and reconstructive surgery for pediatric and adult patients and includes: microsurgery, hand surgery, breast reconstruction, general oncological reconstruction, trauma, gender affirming surgery, peripheral nerve, cosmetic surgery along with the adult and children’s burn units. Services specific to the Riley Children’s Hospital include the surgical management of pediatric plastic surgery conditions, malformations, anomalies and deformities, and craniofacial surgery. Candidates should be motivated to lead a busy and growing clinical program. The division also offers 20 residency and 5 fellowship positions; including fellowships in burn, hand surgery, and cleft and craniofacial surgery. The plastic surgery division boasts a strong and growing NIH-funded research program and ideal candidates will have research experience.
Expectations for the Division Chief include: setting yearly academic goals, conducting annual reviews, involvement in graduate medical education, responsibilities for research activities, division financial performance and reporting while collaborating with all other functional groups within the Department of Surgery, IUHP, affiliated hospitals and physician groups.
Position requires MD or equivalent degree, BC Plastic Surgeon and eligible for licensure in the State of Indiana. Experience is preferred including extensive publications history, funded research grants, previous supervision and responsibility for departmental financial performance.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2023-2024 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eleven consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2023 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best cities to live in and buy a house in the country
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Ranked #1 in Indiana by U.S. News & World Report
- Riley Hospital for Children is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.