submit your CV directly:
phone: (463) 280-0609
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2023 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for 11 Years
Niche Rankings - Marion County
Life in Indy
IU Health Physicians is seeking a PhD-prepared Neurophysiologist/Clinical Scientist to join the Departments of Neurology and Neurological Surgery in the Division of Functional Neurosurgery and Neuromodulation at IU Health and the IU School of Medicine in Indianapolis, IN.
IU has strong established clinical movement disorder and epilepsy programs and is currently growing these services. Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is offered for all FDA-approved indications and the epilepsy program provides significant opportunity for collaborative research in electrocorticography, amongst other areas. The Neuroscience Institute, a collaboration between IUH and IUSM has a strategic emphasis on neuromodulation, augmentation, and restoration.
The appointee will work closely with the IU stereotactic and functional neurosurgeons, epileptologists, and movement disorder specialists. Clinical duties include the provision of intraoperative neuromonitoring (IOM) services, with emphasis on microelectrode recording and intraoperative subcortical mapping and interpretation for DBS. Anticipated clinical practice includes 2-3 days per week in the operating room, with no on call responsibilities.
The successful candidate will also perform independent research (laboratory and/or clinical), aid in the development of interdepartmental research programs, and provide teaching of students, residents, and fellows.
- Practice in a large urban academic setting for the #1 ranked health system in the state
- Joint appointments in the Departments of Neurology and Neurological Surgery
- Collaborations with other Investigators within the Neuroscience Institute
- Potential for appointment to the Stark Neuroscience Research Institute
- Experienced Neurophysiologist, PhD prepared in neuroscience, bioengineering, neurophysiology, or associated field
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience with IOM, specifically supporting DBS
- Experience and abilities with StealthStation, MatLab/Python, LeadDBS, Freesurfer, and other stereotactic clinical neuroscience research modalities strongly preferred
- Evidence of grantsmanship, scientific authorship and collaborative research desired
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2023-2024 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eleven consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2023 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best cities to live in and buy a house in the country
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Ranked #1 in Indiana by U.S. News & World Report
- Riley Hospital for Children is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
The IU Health Neuroscience Center is a partnership between Indiana University Health and the Indiana University School of Medicine to bring the best in neurological care to patients. The IU Health Neuroscience Center combines the best doctors, most advanced treatments and latest research breakthroughs into one convenient facility located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis.
At the IU Health Neuroscience Center, patients see specialists and receive diagnostic imaging in a single visit. The center is also home to an innovative research facility led by the IU School of Medicine, which enables patients to have easier, faster access to clinical trials and breakthrough treatments. With neuroscience deemed as a top priority of IU School of Medicine research, the research facility received $84.2 million in National Institute of Health grant funding in 2019.
The IU Health Neuroscience Center, combined with the nationally ranked expertise and a recent expansion of the neurosurgical suites at IU Health Methodist Hospital, enables IU Health physicians to continue providing superior neurological care and treatment to Indiana residents.