submit your CV directly:
phone: (463) 207-2786
IU Health Physicians Community Medicine has supplemental employment opportunity for an Emergency Medicine physician to join their Emergency Medicine Department with coverage of IU Health Arnett located in Lafayette, IN, IU Health White Memorial located in Monticello, IN and IU Health Frankfort, IN.
Employment opportunity details:
- PRN, supplemental coverage
- Team centric department of 18 physicians and 7 advanced providers
- Offers a blend of Level 3 trauma and critical access hospital coverage
- Quarterly scheduling offering more flexibility
- Competitive hourly compensation
- U.S. Board Eligible/Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- MD/DO Indiana license or eligible
- Consistent and consecutive employment/training history
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to provide high quality patient care
- Team oriented, positive and patient centered
- Commitment to lifelong learning and open to change/improvement
- Demonstrated connection to our Values - Compassion, Excellence, Team and Purpose
Lafayette, Indiana offers an unmatched quality of life in a safe and thriving college community. Located a quick drive from both Indianapolis and Chicago, residents enjoy a variety of family-friendly amenities and unparalleled diversity.
- Home of Big 10 conference member, Purdue University
- Highly-ranked public and private schools and a multitude of cultural amenities
- Easy access to hiking and biking trails, golfing, collegiate sports and more
- Entertainment and retail shops that include brew pubs, funky galleries, bakeries and bistros
- One hour to Indianapolis and two hours to Chicago
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Ranked #1 in Indiana by U.S. News & World Report
- Riley Hospital for Children is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Arnett Hospital is a full-service, 214-bed hospital with an adjacent outpatient surgery center committed to providing exceptional care and service for the whole family.
IU Health Arnett Hospital is a member of the Indiana University Health system, and is an independent non-profit organization with its own board of managers, CEO, executive management team and community representation.
IU Health Arnett Hospital Features:
- All private patient rooms, including private neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) rooms.
- 24/7 Hospitalist/Nocturnist Coverage
- 6 technologically advanced surgical suites with open heart and neurosurgical capabilities
- Two cesarean section suites conveniently located adjacent to maternity beds
- 24/7 Intensivist coverage
- On-site diagnostics, imaging and lab
- Full electronic medical records system with seamless linkage to physician offices and IU Health's downtown Indianapolis hospitals
- An adjacent efficient outpatient surgery center
- Convenient, designated surface parking for staff and visitors
- Community site for medical education