submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 709-7783
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2021 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for a Decade
Niche Rankings - Marion County
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Pediatric Congenital CT Surgery (Riley Hospital)
Are you an advanced practice provider looking to work in a fast-paced environment with the best in-class group of surgeons? Look no further! Join our team at Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis, Indiana! We have an outstanding opening for a patient-focused Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant who has a passion for caring for pediatric patients with congenital heart defects.
- 3x13 hour shifts per week
- Rotating Day and Night weekends
- No Call
- Inpatient: 95%; Outpatient: 5%
- Patient population includes Pediatric and neonatal patients with congenital heart defects both pre and post surgery
- Daily rounding and management of pre and post surgical patients in the Pediatric CVICU and CV step down unit
- Handle outside phone calls
- Discharge coordination.
- Bedside procedures to include: suture/staple removal, chest tube management/removal, mediastinal tube management/removal, open sternal wound dressing change, central line management, intracardiac line management, inotropic and ventilator management
- Master's Degree required
- ACNP, PNP, or PA certification required
- Previous ICU experience required
- We offer a strong compensation model
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2022-2023 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best counties to live in Indiana & the best county for young professionals
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
For more than 95 years, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health has been one of the nation's leading children's hospitals. Each year, Riley at IU Health provides compassionate care, support and comfort to more than 300,000 inpatients and outpatients from across Indiana, the nation and the world. Physicians at Riley at IU Health provide comprehensive care, from the routine to the most complex, in every field of pediatric medicine and surgery.
Riley at IU Health is nationally ranked as a top children's hospital by U.S. News & World Report, with national rankings in all ten pediatric specialties (including three specialties in the top ten), and is the only nationally ranked children's hospital in Indiana. Part of Indiana University Health, Riley at IU Health enjoys a unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, giving our highly skilled physicians access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
In addition, Riley Hospital for Children is ranked sixth in the nation for NIH Research funding, totaling more than $32 million in 2020. The Children's Clinical Research Center, located at Riley Hospital for Children, is one of the largest pediatric research facilities in the country.
The newest addition to Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, the Maternity Tower, opened in fall 2021. The Tower is home to Indiana's largest NICU, as well as the state's only OB ICU and emergency room.
Riley at IU Health is also the 6th largest children's hospital in the United States, and offers one of the nation's largest outpatient care facilities for children.
The Riley Children's Foundation is committed to improving the health and well-being of children through philanthropic leadership in support of Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health and its research programs.
At Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.