submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 627-4924
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2023 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for a Decade
Niche Rankings - Marion County
Pediatric Cardiologist/Fetal Echocardiography (Riley Hospital) Indianapolis
The Indiana University School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is seeking a full-time Pediatric Cardiologist to join the dynamic Pediatric Cardiology/Fetal Echocardiography team. Practice locations include the main Riley Hospital campus in Indianapolis, IU North in Carmel, and outreach locations.
The Riley Children's Health pediatric cardiology and heart surgery program is ranked 6th in the nation and is the best in the Midwest for children's heart care by U.S. News & World Report. We are also among the top 15 high-volume heart programs in the nation for effective outcomes. Riley Heart Center | Riley Children's Health (rileychildrens.org)
Care within the Heart Center is managed by a highly skilled and experienced team of specialists, including cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, cardiovascular critical care specialists, cardiovascular anesthesiologists, neonatologists and adult cardiologists specializing in congenital heart disease. The Riley Heart Center is currently one of only seven pediatric heart programs in the U.S. with the highest quality rating (three star) from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS). Riley is the only pediatric heart transplant center in the state and has completed more than 150 pediatric heart transplants since 1989. Our center is enrolled in the ACTION learning network, a multicenter collaborative aimed at quality improvement in pediatric heart failure, mechanical support, cardiomyopathy and heart transplant.
- The Division is a balanced mixture of all academic levels and years of experience; supportive team invested in delivering the best care in a collegial manner.
- The career development of members is a primary goal of annual review and academic planning.
- Priority placed on excellent communication and a team approach to care.
- Strong work/life balance supported by a standard schedule & shared call coverage among large team of providers
- Faculty appointment with the IU School of Medicine
- Competitive compensation & benefits, dually employed through IU Health Physicians and IU School of Medicine
- General pediatric cardiology and fetal echocardiology
- Echo reading coverage
- Cardiology clinics
- Fetal echo clinics
- Clinical education of medical students, residents & six Pediatric Cardiology fellows in-training
- Fellowship in pediatric cardiology
- Completion of an additional fetal cardiography/advanced imaging training
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Pediatrics & Pediatric Cardiology
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2022-2023 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best counties to live in Indiana & the best county for young professionals
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
For more than 95 years, Riley Hospital for Children has been one of the nation's leading children's hospitals. Each year, Riley Hospital provides compassionate care, support and comfort to more than 300,000 inpatients and outpatients from across Indiana, the nation and the world. Physicians at Riley Hospital provide comprehensive care, from the routine to the most complex, in every field of pediatric medicine and surgery.
Riley Hospital is nationally ranked as a top children's hospital by U.S. News & World Report, with national rankings in all ten pediatric specialties (including three specialties in the top ten), and is the only nationally ranked children's hospital in Indiana. Part of Indiana University Health, Riley Hospital enjoys a unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, giving our highly skilled physicians access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
In addition, Riley Hospital is ranked sixth in the nation for NIH Research funding, totaling more than $32 million in 2020. The Children's Clinical Research Center, located at Riley Hospital, is one of the largest pediatric research facilities in the country.
The newest addition to Riley Hospital, the Maternity Tower, opened in fall 2021. The Tower is home to Indiana's largest NICU, as well as the state's only OB ICU and emergency room.
Riley Hospital is also one of the largest children's hospitals in the United States, and offers one of the nation's largest outpatient care facilities for children.
The Riley Children's Foundation is committed to improving the health and well-being of children through philanthropic leadership in support of Riley Hospital and its research programs.
At Riley Hospital for Children, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.