submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-5688
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2023 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for 11 Years
Niche Rankings - Marion County
Life in Indy
Join our Neurosurgery Team with an academic Spine Neurosurgery position at Indiana University Health, IU Health Physicians, & IU School of Medicine. Perform all aspects of spinal surgery with peripheral nerve interest and care (including complex instrumented fusion and motion-preservation techniques); preference given to experience in minimally invasive and lateral approaches to the spine, robotic-assisted surgery, and/or adult/pediatric deformity.
Interdisciplinary approach to care with APPs, therapists, triage nurses, etc. and multidisciplinary care with pain management specialists, physiatry, orthopaedic spine surgery. Clinic access points utilized as needed in suburban facilities to support the practice (within a 25-mile radius). Academic opportunities include an open rank faculty appointment. Research interests supported with start-up funding for appropriate candidate. Participation in outcomes registries; opportunities and resources for outcomes research. Teaching residents and fellows in CAST-approved enfolded spinal fellowship, at the Neuroscience Center/Methodist Hospital and affiliated institutions.
Support the IU Neuroscience Institute, including Center for Spinal Disorders; ample opportunities for clinical care delivery innovation, education, and research (particularly outcomes research for spinal care). Leadership opportunities for qualified/interested individuals for various roles in education and quality, and in NSI Center development. Medical editing, medical illustration, communications support, directed mentoring along with high collaboration amongst departments/area institutions.
- Neurosurgery residency in an ACGME-accredited program
- Enfolded or post-graduate spinal surgery fellowship desired but not required depending upon experience/qualifications
- ABNS BE/BC
- H-1B sponsorship available
- Call or text for compensation details
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2023-2024 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eleven consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best counties to live in Indiana & the best county for young professionals
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Ranked #1 in Indiana by U.S. News & World Report
- Riley Hospital for Children is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
The IU Health Neuroscience Center is a partnership between Indiana University Health and the Indiana University School of Medicine to bring the best in neurological care to patients. The IU Health Neuroscience Center combines the best doctors, most advanced treatments and latest research breakthroughs into one convenient facility located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis.
At the IU Health Neuroscience Center, patients see specialists and receive diagnostic imaging in a single visit. The center is also home to an innovative research facility led by the IU School of Medicine, which enables patients to have easier, faster access to clinical trials and breakthrough treatments. With neuroscience deemed as a top priority of IU School of Medicine research, the research facility received $84.2 million in National Institute of Health grant funding in 2019.
The IU Health Neuroscience Center, combined with the nationally ranked expertise and a recent expansion of the neurosurgical suites at IU Health Methodist Hospital, enables IU Health physicians to continue providing superior neurological care and treatment to Indiana residents.